Earlier this month, I launched Gatsby Tutorials. 🎉
Gatsby Tutorials is a filterable and sortable directory of all the Gatsby learning resources currently available online. It aims to gather every video, audio and written Gatsby tutorial into one place so you can easily find it when you need it.
Oh, and it’s free and open source.
This is genius!— Ajmal Afif (@ajmalafif) November 14, 2018
Umm…why did you make this?
Four main reasons:
- Gatsby is awesome and I want to help other coders learn it. 👍
- I’d like high-quality Gatsby tutorials to reach a wider audience. 🎙️
- It can be hard to locate useful resources when you need them. 🧐
- Subscribing separately to every Gatsby-related Twitter feed, blog and YouTube channel can be overwhelming. 😩
How does it work?
Gatsby Tutorials gathers every Gatsby learning resource in one place so you don’t have to scroll through endless feeds or wander the internet for help.
Instead, just visit the directory and search or filter the list for the topic you’re interested in. The tutorials you need will magically appear:
Gatsby Tutorials also assists new tutorial creators by making their content more discoverable—a win-win for content creators and Gatsby learners alike.
How do I contribute?
If you notice a resource is missing from the list, please add it! This project will work best if the community helps keep it up to date. 🙌
Just click the ”Add a tutorial” link and you’ll be taken to the quick instructions.
If you’d like to suggest a tutorial without adding it yourself, that’s helpful too! Just copy the link into a new issue and I’ll add it for you.
Gatsby Tutorials currently includes 157 video, audio and written tutorials that can be discovered by browsing, searching, or filtering by format, topic, author and source.
Here are some additional features coming soon:
Better filters 🏷
- Filter tutorials by language
- Filter by multiple topics at once
- Cancel a filter by clicking it again
Better performance ⚡️
- Paginate the tutorials (and search results)
- Generate the filter lists at build time
Better search 🕵️♂️
- Implement fuzzy search to enable non-sequential search terms
- Highlight search string in search results
If you have questions or ideas for making Gatsby Tutorials more useful, please share your thoughts on Twitter or by opening a new issue in the Gatsby Tutorials repo.